ABOUT THE PROJECT
VSI was approached by one of the largest freight trucking companies in the AU to update their safety training and driver education courses.
- Migrate written and practical examinations into virtual applications
- Display information in an easy-to-understand way from a variety of external data inputs.
- Work with insurance carriers to integrate specific state and federal requirements
- A 3D virtual environment showing the status and location of assets and operations in real-time, with a minimum historical record of the last 6 months was created.
- Real-time data was gathered from external data sources including a process control system.
- The application showed the current routes and delivery end points as well as docking and unloading of specified and customized payloads. It also visualized the anti-collision system.
- Additional information including current and pending tasks, local weather forecast and loading plans was made available.
- The 3D scene was able to be played back at a selectable time and playback speed, allowing users to undertake root cause analysis during periods of poor or good performance.
- The solution was remotely accessible to users using an internet connection with a proprietary web app for mobile devices.
- Users were able to visually and quickly see driver/truck status and operations at any time.
- Remote access allowed this information to be available to external users during presentations.
- $900,000 AU was saved in insurance and on-site machine costs
- Restricted individual training courses expanded to allow for an unlimited number of simultaneous trainees, monitored and recorded with full automation.