ABOUT THE PROJECT
VSI was approached by top New Zealand uranium drillers to develop a 3D stockyard visualization system with both real-time and historical data.
- Allow users to remotely see the exact status of the stockyard in real-time as well as historically, to provide a better understanding of its operations and potential areas of improvement.
- Display information in an easy-to-understand way from a variety of external data inputs.
- A 3D virtual environment showing the status and location of assets and operations in real-time, with a minimum historical record of the last 6 months was created.
- Real-time data was gathered from external data sources including a process control system.
- The application showed the current shape of stockpiles of the stockyard, the presence of materials on the conveyors and the articulation and positions of stockyard and port machines and barges. It also visualised the anti-collision system.
- Additional information including current and pending tasks, local weather forecast and loading plans was made available.
- The 3D scene was able to be played back at a selectable time and playback speed, allowing users to undertake root cause analysis during periods of poor or good performance.
- The solution was remotely accessible to users using an internet connection.
- Users were able to visually and quickly see the stockyard’s status and operations at any time.
- Remote access allowed this information to be available to external users during presentations.